Waddesdon
Hall

About The Hall

Waddesdon Hall is available to hire for parties,classes, weddings and your own bespoke events.

Waddesdon Hall is a beautiful 19th century Rothschild building with a large dance floor area, stage, fully fitted kitchen, viewing gallery, bar area and meeting room. It is fully accessible to disabled users.

Waddesdon Hall history

Waddesdon's Hall was built by Baron Ferdinand de Rothschild in 1897, as a venue for the wide range of uplifting social activities that flourished in the village.

Until 1968 this hall was operated and maintained by the Waddesdon Estate. In 1968 ownership was transferred to a Charitable Trust, and the hall became self-financing. The running of the hall, its maintenance and improvement programmes are the responsibility of the Management Committee, which comprises appointees from the Trustees, village organisations and co-opted persons. Income is mainly derived from letting fees.

For more than a hundred years the Hall has provided the community with a splendid setting for almost every possible indoor activity, from drama to karate. In the Second World War it was a reception centre for evacuees, and in happier times it has continued to be the venue for innumerable parties, dances, wedding receptions, exhibitions and horticultural shows.